The National Account Manager will be the primary business contact, servicing several large account customers, including Fleets, OEMs, Truck Stops and National Dealers, with a large number of locations and dynamic business needs. The role’s focus is to ensure the highest level of customer experience and business growth on each and every engagement.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
The successful incumbent will;
• Monitor and impact customer satisfaction on an on-going basis anticipating and addressing customer issues, resolving issues in a timely manner and use these opportunities to build a stronger relationship.
• Actively seek to learn and track market intelligence from customers.
• Identify opportunities and tactics within Large Fleet, Commercial OEM, Specialty Equipment OEM & Strategic Truck Stops with tire services.
• Understand customer and market dynamics, plan customer visits, and employ time management techniques effectively to build, maintain, follow up and close a sales pipeline comprised of various deal sizes and types to ensure consistent results.
• Build and routinely update business plans based on knowledge of the industry, emerging customer needs, and business offerings, that provide a forward-looking view of the next 1-3 years.
• Build business plans and execute the management/qualification of opportunities to drive the approved business plan.
•Research, evaluate, generate, and establish strategic account agreements.
• Prepare all appropriate inputs for customers including product, price, and/or service recommendations, and implement agreed-upon outcomes. Support customer negotiations in conjunction with the Executive VP.
• Maintain routine communication with management and leadership on various customer activities and initiatives.
• Maintain broad knowledge of company's solutions and capabilities versus the strengths/weaknesses of competitive products.
• Network with key contacts outside area of expertise to become industry expert.
• Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status.
2. OEM Commercial & Specialty Equipment Channels
• Responsible for cultivating and maintaining key business-to-business relationships with all major Commercial Truck OEMs & Specialty Equipment OEMs within the U.S. domestic marketplace.
• Direct OEM customer contact for account management.
• Lead and manage all OEM related RFI, RFP, and/or RFQ submissions.
• Work with cross-functional teams including Customer Experience, Marketing, Engineering, Quality Control, and Warranty, to insure the best-in-class customer experience.
• Understand current and future market trends and OEM purchasing strategies.
• Identify new business opportunities in line with the wider product strategy.
• Work with customers to develop KPI's and structure metric review processes for performance evaluation.
• Identify and facilitate a leadership engagement plan to include corporate engagement as required.
3. Strategic Accounts – Large Fleet Sales
• Under the direction of Senior Management, responsible for cultivating and maintaining key business-to-business relationships with fleets.
• Build trust and foster a relationship to be recognized as a premier supplier.
4. Strategic Accounts – National Truck Stop Chains
• Responsible for cultivating and maintaining key business-to-business relationships with Love’s Travel Stop, Travel Center of America (TA), and Pilot/Flying J locations in the U.S.
• Build trust and foster a relationship to be recognized as a premium supplier.
• 3+ years of successful B2B National & Strategic Account sales experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Consistently deliver strong sales results.
• Strong, demonstrated and documented sales experience with the ability to demonstrate past success in selling a specific solution or service.
• Able to participate in business planning, forecasting, and analyzation of opportunities and estimate revenues.
• Able to follow a structured and repeatable sales process using strong sales skills.
• Must demonstrate recent success in selling and building strong relationships with Key Accounts.
• Strong business acumen capabilities.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively at all levels within Key Accounts, IMI leadership, and other staff.
• Sound organization, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to deliver strong, persuasive presentations face to face and via remote contact technologies.
• Must be comfortable working with various buyer types.
• Ability to uncover needs, gain agreement to possible solutions, present IMI offerings and gain commitment to purchase.
• Must have a hunter mentality to uncover opportunities – primarily with Fleets.
• Ability to engage and up sell current customers with new industry ideas and solutions.
• Needs persistence and nurturing skills required to succeed in longer term sales partnerships.
• Must be able to operate independently – exhibiting discipline and self-motivation to stay focused and put in the hard work required.
• Experienced road warrior preferred. Willing and able to travel independently and possess a valid driver’s license. Typical travel time is 3+ days per week.
• In depth knowledge of B2B product/service sales techniques.
• Knowledge of the transportation/trucking industry preferred.
• Knowledge and ability to operate standard office equipment including a PC, iPad, Microsoft Office Suite, and mobile communications devices and other software including PowerPoint, Excel, Salesforce or similar programs.
• Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace