||Greenville, South Carolina
Charleston, South Carolina
Columbia, South Carolina
Spartansburg, South Carolina
Fletcher, North Carolina (Asheville area)
Regional truck tire dealer is seeking experienced "Heavy Duty Truck Mechanics"
You will be expected to deliver the highest quality of service to end user. Identify and address end user needs on all vehicle maintenance & repairs while following company safety policies
These positions are available immediately!!!!
Repairs and maintains both diesel, and gasoline powered class 5 through 8 Heavy trucks, by performing the following duties. Also repairs and maintains the following: dry van, flatbed, dry bulk tanker, liquid tanker, reefer, pole, spool, canvas side, auto carrier, specialty trailers, trailing equipment, and converter gear by performing the following duties.
- Excellent compensation
- Opportunity for career advancement
- Paid holidays, vacation time, and personal time
- Medical coverage, dental, vision and prescription
- Health care and dependent care spending accounts
- Wellness program with incentives
- Confidential employee assistance program
- 401 K with company match
- Short-term disability coverage
- Company-paid life insurance for every employee, with additional voluntary life insurance available for our employee, spouse, and children
- Relocation assistance possible for outstanding candidate
- Ability to competently read and understand job order process, to ensure corrective action and document all repair processes to company standards.
- Occasionally road tests heavy duty trucks, ensuring operational readiness.
- Diagnose heavy duty truck system components to include: electrical, emissions related to fault codes, etc.
- Responsible for repairing or replacing faulty parts, as indicated by testing or observation.
- Perform valve and injector overhead adjustments according to OEM procedures.
- Perform periodic maintenance on SCR, DOC, DPF, and DEF systems.
- Ability to examine truck componentry, insuring vehicle is in compliance with Federal annual inspection and brake system criteria guidelines.
- Lubricate moving parts and components to include: drive line, hinges, suspension and steering system.
- Ability to install the following parts: cross members, panels, posts, rails, door equipment, flooring, lights, wiring, brakes, valves, airlines, wheel end components, landing gear, frame assembly, and other parts.
- Ability to perform general and major repairs by welding, pulling, straightening, riveting, and aligning multiple structural parts.
- Ability to examine system parts looking for damage, excessive wear, loose bolts, broken welds, structural deficiencies, air leaks, oils leaks, stuck, frozen, or rusted parts, as well as safety devices on all types of trailers.
- Lubricates moving parts and performs air system and lighting system tests to include ABS system function while insuring the trailer meets OEM, Federal annual inspection, and brake system criteria guidelines and industry conformance to specifications.
- Fabricates various attachments, supports, reinforcement, gussets, etc. according to general designs, blueprints or schematic drawings.
- Demonstrate excellent attendance, show up to work on time and in the correct uniform.
- Follow all safety rules, wear proper PPE and demonstrate safety conscious mindset.
- High School Diploma (or GED)
- Must have three (3) years’ experience performing vehicle maintenance or a combination of trade school for heavy duty vehicle maintenance and experience.
- Valid driver’s license may be required depending on work assignment and be insurable to drive by company standards.
- Must possess necessary tools to perform assigned tasks.
- Pre-employment drug test/background check.
- Valid driver’s license needed
- ASE Certifications
- Class A CDL preferred
- TIA Certification
- Federal Annual and Brake Inspector Certification